Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Summer TV Scares

I commented to Dan the other day that it seems a lot of bad things have been hapening lately. Kids disappearing, people dying, etc. Then - I realized - I've just been watching the news more. It's quite depressing and I would rather stay uninformed about the world. Here are some things our family will not be able to do since I've seen them on the news:
1. Go camping - in Utah an 11 year old was snatched from his family tent and eaten by a bear.
2. Go out in the rain - a 2 year old in Haltom City, TX was swept from her mother's arms during a flood this past weekend - I still don't think they've found her.
3. Go on vacation with Abby to a foreign country - a 4 year old was kidnapped from a hotel room in Portugal while her mom/dad dined 200 yards away.
4. Go swimming in any sort of body of water - aside from shark/alligator attacks, you've got currents just waiting to carry you off.

I'm sure we will still do all of these things - you have to get out and live life - you can't be scared all the time. But, I AM going to stop watching the news.

1 comment:

MelissaHardaway said...

Don't use BenGay or go to Target, either.