Sunday, September 16, 2007

"The Devil's Drink"

Saturday morning, the family rode bikes to the donut store. We then had a breakfast picnic eating our donuts on a blanket in the park (we love the somewhat cooler weather!). I got a refrigerated Starbucks drink - the very sugary vanilla kind. Well, Abby saw it and asked for a "dink". After taking a sip, with her eyes big with excitement she asked, "that coffee?". She couldn't get enough. We asked her who she drinks coffee with.....her reply...."Nana". Who else? "GG and Pawpaw." Not being a fan of coffee, Dan calls it "the devil's drink". I, on the other hand, really enjoy a light tan colored coffee. It's kind of funny - I think she actually loves the taste of coffee. It's not the milky sugary-ness (sp?) of the drink, because she drinks it black with Nana. I think it's kind of sweet - to have that special caffeine bond with someone you love. Kids in middle school hang out at Starbucks these days....why not start at 2 years old? :)

3 comments:

MelissaHardaway said...

I remember drinking coffee when I was little. And remember your dog used to drink coffee, too.

Jen said...

Must be the Hardaway gene.....it's fun to see it show up occasionally since the Reinhard/Herrmann genes are so strong. :)

Nanna said...

I recently saw some pics from Christmas and there is one with Abby drinking her coffee with me. Even the Herrmann's have a caffinate gene!